Healthier Hearts Foundation has developed a donation refund policy as part of our commitment to honoring and respecting the financial contributions that people make to Healthier Hearts Foundation. All donations are disbursed in a timely fashion to Healthier Hearts Foundation supported projects working with children to ensure that the program objectives are met. Healthier Hearts Foundation relies on donations to design and implement the work and achieve the outcomes with respect to education, health and protection for children, any changes in the quantum of donations adversely impacts the program outcomes. We recognize the importance of donations and want to ensure we establish appropriate principles of transparency and fairness with regard to the management of refunds.
This policy outlines the circumstances under which Healthier Hearts Foundation Branch Office (hereafter ‘Healthier Hearts Foundation’) will refund a donation. This policy is applicable for only for Non-earmarked donations. Donations to specific project/CSR donations are not refundable.
This policy applies to all those who make financial donations to Healthier Hearts Foundation and to Healthier Hearts Foundation employees and volunteers responsible for processing and managing financial donations.
Healthier Hearts Foundation expects that anyone wishing to donate considers their decision carefully and checks donation amounts during transactions. Healthier Hearts Foundation recognizes that it is possible to make an error when making an on-line donation or for the donors to change their mind about the donation made. It can also occur that an error is made by Healthier Hearts Foundation or our payment gateway. Under this policy Healthier Hearts Foundation will endeavor to refund donations in accordance with the following rules:
- If an error is made in making a donation or if the donor changes their mind, we will honor all requests for refund that are made in writing within 15 (fifteen) days of the date the donation was made. The written refund request should include the details of the initial transaction including date, donation amount, donor’s name, ID, tax invoice number, and the nature of the error.
- Written requests for refund can be sent by email or mail:
- Email: email@example.com
- Healthier Hearts Foundation will fully examine all requests for refund and endeavor to ensure that genuine errors are rectified. However, after 15 days Healthier Hearts Foundation is under no obligation to give refunds and the decision on refunds will be at Plan India’s discretion.
- Healthier Hearts Foundation will only process refunds on the return of a tax exemption certificate or a written declaration that the previous receipt will not be used by the donor
- Based on the written request from a donor, the amount is adjusted by Healthier Hearts Foundation, the original donor receipt issued for the incorrect amount will become invalid and a new receipt will be issued by Plan India for the amount of the adjusted donation
- Healthier Hearts Foundation reserves the right to pass any refund transaction charged onto the donor
- Refunds will be returned using the original method of payment – for example, if a donation has been made by credit card, the refund will be credited by Healthier Hearts Foundation to that same credit card
- Should an error be made by Healthier Hearts Foundation or our financial institution(s), a refund of the full amount will be made once Healthier Hearts Foundation is notified of the error in writing.
RESPONSIBILITY AND POLICY OWNER
The principal owners of this policy are:
- Director- Resource Mobilization, Plan India.
- Director– Finance, Plan India
The owner is responsible for implementing the policy and achieving the desired outcomes.
All Healthier Hearts Foundation employees and volunteers responsible for receiving and processing donations shall:
- respect and value all those who donate to Healthier Hearts Foundation
- ensure donation processes are secure and transparent
- build trusting relationships with regular donors and partners
- respond proactively to any issues arising with regard to donation refunds
- communicate respectfully and professionally with those who request a refund and raise any issues or concerns
- that arise with Plan India management regarding donation refunds.
The policy has been approved by Healthier Hearts Foundation Management Team on.